This week at camp will be devoted to the study of California's wetlands. Through a series of exciting lessons, we will explore the fragile and fascinating ecosystems of wetlands, including saltwater and freshwater marshes. We will also learn about the unusual adaptations of the water-loving plants and animals in these unique habitats. On Wednesday or Thursday, we will take a field trip to Coyote Hills for a close-up look at a freshwater marsh. In addition to studying California's wetlands, we'll make fun, creative art projects, play outdoors, create Lego structures and watch science movies.
- Learn about the flora and fauna of California's wetland communities by building an electric matching game.
- Make a magnetic marshland scene.
- Create key chain pocket ID cards to identify wetland flora and fauna.
- Construct a mini snail sanctuary complete with a pet pond snail.
- Build a wetland bingo game.
- On Wednesday or Thursday, take a field trip by bus to Coyote Hills, a freshwater wetland marsh.
- And more!
Campers ages 5-11, CITs ages 11-15
April 3 - 7, 2017
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
$115/day (daily attendance is fine)
$100/day (3 or more days)
Lake Merritt United Methodist Church in Oakland (Click here for directions)
Black Pine Circle School in Berkeley (Click here for directions)
Click here to register
Terms and Conditions:
Spring Camp rate of $115/day is due in full at time of registration. Camp sessions are not transferable to other customers. A $25 administrative fee will be charged for cancellations before March 13, 2017. No refunds will be issued after March 13, 2017. If you sign up for 3 or more days of Spring Camp per child, you are eligible for a discounted rate of $100/day. Registrations placed through our online registration system will be charged at the full $115/day rate and the discount of $15/day will be issued as a reimbursement. Reimbursements will be issued within 5 business days of registration but may take several additional days to appear on your bank statement.